Arise Music Fest (Sunrise Ranch, Loveland, Colorado) | August 5 - 7, 2016
• Located in a breath taking rocky mountain oasis, this magical and secluded landscape is a perfect container to explore your creative potentials, connect with nature, stretch out, dive in, and dance to the wee hours. The intention of the festival is to facilitate and amplify that inspiration into real life action. Theme camps give creative communities an opening to inspire the mingling of like minded souls, whether your interests are music, clothing, food, yoga, the subtle energies, activation, visionary art! Immerse yourself in an outdoor wonderspace we will all create together.
Bass Coast Music & Arts Festival (Merritt, BC, Canada) | July 8 - 11, 2016
• The rich culture that surrounds our music is a creative community of artists, scientists, designers, yogi’s, environmentalists, freedom fighters, business minds, intellectuals, party-goers, poets and dancers. We believe the Bass Coast community is a supportive environment where we hope to inspire each participant to find deeper layers of themselves.
Beloved: Open-Air Sacred Art & Music Festival (Tidewater, Oregon) | August 7 - 10, 2015
• Beloved returns to Tidewater Falls for the 8th year this August! Our goal is to dissolve the boundaries that isolate us through music, dance and play. We aspire to engage the hearts and minds of those present in the finding of the beloved in each other; and furthering our ability to cooperate to make that appreciation tangible on earth.
• Shakti Fest (Joshua Tree, California) | May 13 - 15, 2016
• A celebration of the divine feminine in us all offering the ultimate Yogic destination retreat and gathering place for the collective consciousness and discovering the pure Bhakti residing in us all. The event offers an unprecedented line up of internationally renowned yoga teachers, kirtan artists, and workshop leaders in the beautiful desert setting of Joshua Tree. Come open your heart and align with the divine!
• Bhakti Fest Midwest (Madison, Wisconsin) | June 26 - 28, 2015
• Bhakti Fest West (Joshua Tree, California) | September 8 - 11, 2016
• For the 4th year, Bhakti Fest’s highly anticipated return will feature an all-star yoga and Kirtan cast. When Bhakti Fest Midwest takes over the Alliant Energy Center, the grounds take on a different form, charged with melodic sounds and a spiritual undercurrent so unique you feel at your core. Featuring unique classes, from world-renowned teachers and local Midwest instructors, offering a breadth of techniques from full-body work-outs, to restorative practices. Beyond the yoga halls under the warm summer sun, Kirtan melodies reverberate continuously throughout 3 days. Taking place in a drug free and alcohol free environment and offering only vegetarian cuisine, there’s fun for the whole family. Children 12 and under come FREE! Come chant, sing, dance and play!
Big Dub Festival (Artemas, Pennsylvannia) | July 29 - August 2, 2015
• The crossroads where great music & festivities meets human interaction. There are multiple stages of music with entertainment throughout each night until 6am, daily workshops, drum circles, bonfires, yoga, and more.
Burning Man Project - Carnival of Mirrors (North of Reno, Nevada) | Facebook | August 28 - September 5, 2016
• Burning Man is full to capacity and having to turn away thousands. They are now putting their energy into growing the network of Regional Burn Gatherings all over North America and the World. Please see our Burning Man Regional Calendar for a location near you.] Black Rock City is a kind of Petri dish. Theme camps cling in fertile clusters to its latticework of streets, artworks tumble out of it, like pollen on the air. These nodes of interaction mutate, grow and reproduce their kind, only to effloresce and spread across five continents.
Cascadia NW Arts & Music Festival (Granite Falls, Washington) | July 23 - 26, 2015
• Seattle based Starborne Shows, invites you to join us for the first annual CASCADIA NW Arts and Music Festival! 2015 brings the transition from Photosynthesis Festival to CASCADIA for the Starborne family and we do hope you will join us on this momentous occasion!
Conscious Culture Festival (Tonasket, Washington) | June 17 - 19, 2016
• Brings together music, art & education that promotes equality, sustainability, justice, healthy living, organic farming, and an all-around conscious lifestyle. The festival takes place on a beautiful 100 acre piece of land owned by the Tonasket Barter Faire. With 4 stages, 40 live acts, 40 DJs, 30 free workshops and all sorts of amazing art, there is something for everyone at this family friendly event. This years music will range from Reggae, Rock, Folk, Hip-Hop, Blues and Soul to Dubstep, Downtempo, Glitch, House & beyond!
Cosmic Convergence Gathering (Lake Atitlan, Guaremala) | December 30 - January 1, 2016
• Cosmic Convergence is an annual gathering incorporating art, music, education for conscious living, and Mayan culture & traditions. It is a convergence of past, present, and future, envisioning the new paradigm of a technological-tribal society that is becoming more tangible each day. The objective is to expose the attendees to ancestral and post-industrial ways of living in order to provoke a shift in consciousness to rethink what lifestyles are possible in post-2012 reality. The gathering forms part of an ongoing international tribal revival.
Diversity Festival (Texada Island, BC, Canada) | July 24 - 27, 2015
• Drawn from both inside and outside the community, artists, composers, bands, performers and participants from across the continent and beyond will converge for a weekend celebration of creative culture. The name says it all. A place where you can be you. Diversity Festival.
Eclipse Summer Electronic Music Festival (Quebec, Canada) | TO BE ANNOUNCED
• The now mythic outdoor festival is an international gathering of visual and musical art where artists, performers, dancers and campers from near and far share 4 days together. This event promises a symbiosis of dance, open philosophies, performance art, human (and spiritual) experiences set up in a enchanting environment. This is the summer gathering you won’t want to miss! Soak in the energy, the colours, the fun, the good vibe and the feelings, communicate, smile, laugh and dance!
Enchanted Forest Gathering (Mendocino County, California) | August 14 - 16, 2015
• In the embrace of a majestic redwood forest we celebrate our culture through dance, art, nature and the unyielding gift of the human spirit. We are nurturing the seed of our infinite potential as individuals and community.
Envision Festival (Uvita, Costa Rica) | February 25 - 28, 2016
• On the Southern Pacific coast of Costa Rica with the collaboration of a myriad of renowned artists and visionaries, both local and international, Envision provides a multi-dimensional community forum focused on art, music, movement, education and co-creation. Be part of a global eco-conscious movement that is shaping our future and experience the beauty of the landscape, healing undertones, artistic expression, and the “Pura Vida!” way of life. This is Envision Festival.
EvolveFest (Philipsburg, New Jersey) | TO BE ANNOUNCED
• Arises from our collective power to move forward as ONE Earth Tribe, Co=Creating a Global Shift that is happening from the center of our HEARTS and shining out in all directions!!! We are coming into positive and healthy alignment with ourselves, with one another, with our Planet and with all beings everywhere. Evolvefest brings together over 100 Bands, Yoga Instructors, Visionary Artists, Guest Speakers, Wisdom-Keepers and thousands from the global community in a vibrant exchange of positive, loving energy and fresh, cutting-edge ideas. Evolvefest is an authentic, empowering, participant-driven experience!.
Evolve Festival(Antigonish, Nova Scotia) | July 8 - 10, 2016
• An annual 3-day summer celebration of music, culture, and social awareness. From its start in 2000 as a grassroots music and awareness festival featuring local bands, the festival has grown to showcase world-class performers from around the globe. Evolve also plays host to workshops that inform spectators about social issues such as personal wellbeing and environmental awareness.
Faerieworlds: A Gathering of Tribes (Hornings Hideout, Oregon) | September 2 - 4, 2016
• In 13 years, Faerieworlds has evolved from a small gathering in Prescott, AZ to being the premier mythic & fantasy Arts & Music festival on the West Coast that annually draws guests from across the country and the world.
Firefly Festival (Flagstaff, Arizona) | NO FESTIVAL 2016
• Intentionally designed to inspire profound positive social and individual growth, Firefly provides opportunity to connect deeply, learn unique skills, become inspired, and celebrate life. Firefly is an intentional gathering focused on manifesting our vision of a co-creative, nurturing and loving community that fosters a healing, healthy lifestyle partnered with conscious celebration and a spiritual peak experience. When we come together to celebrate our ONE-ness, we all experience transformation through inspiration resulting in personal and planetary evolution.
Forever Everland (Lake Ladoga, California) | May 15 - 17, 2015
• All pirates, fairies, and kids that never want to grow up …Experience the future of your fantasy – a new land brimming with art, music, magic and splendor has been discovered! By activating our imaginations & exploring peace through artistic expression, we co-create the world we wish to live in Forever! Join us in celebrating the discovery of FOREVERLAND with three days of radical inclusion, camping, swimming, playshops, community & unforgettable 24/7 music.
GeoParadise Tribal Gathering (Panama) | February 19 - March 7, 2016
• 18 days on a Caribbean beach; indigenous tribes from 20 countries; musicians, artists, teachers, shamans
• An innovative approach to building sustainable futures. Promoting music events around the world, bringing artists to the most beautiful environments on the planet, creating a symbiosis of entertainment, education and pleasure for our audiences.
Gratify Festival (Lake Hartwell, South Carolina) | TO BE ANNOUNCED
• Our mission is to unify and elevate the visionary creative community of the region. To lay a groundwork for new creations, new ideas, and new projects arising from the empowerment of connections between participants. To catatyze experiences of deep revelation, awakening and pure joy! Come and play.
Great North Festival (Norridgewock, Maine) | TO BE ANNOUNCED
• Featuring a wide range of national and regional music acts , along with some of the most renowned visionary artists in the world, including our main featured artist Alex Grey! This is our second year, being held September 19th through the 21st of 2014 at the BEAUTIFUL Last Breath Farm in Norridgewock, Maine. Please join us!
Green Planet Festival
• (Phoenix, Arizona) | November 7, 2015
• (Ft. Lauderdale, Florida | February 27, 2016
Illumination Gathering (Tidewater, Oregon) | ARCHIVAL SITE
• If you love singing, dancing, drumming and conscious celebration, your heart will find a home at Illumination – a modern renewal of the original human technology for self-actualization: The Sacred Fire Circle. For three nights in a row, at a beautiful, forested Oregon camping venue, we light a fire at midnight and co-create an extraordinary vision quest journey of flowing music, ecstatic dance, spoken word, ritual and empowerment all through the night, until the fire sees its shadow at sunrise. These fires of transformation trigger profound insight, ecstatic wonderment, and meaningful connection with like-minded peers from across our interwoven communities.
Inlakesh Sacred Ceremony, Music, Art & Dance Gathering (Ashland, Oregon) | September 12 - 13, 2015
• Shift into an exalted, expanded state at the healing hot springs spa. Included in the sacred ceremonies from around the world will be Sufi Zikr, Tea Ceremony, Pagan Goddess rituals, Cacao ceremony, Flower ceremony, Fire sacrifice and Puja, Living Tarot, Sweat Lodge, and an Aloha camp sacred fire music circle. Sacred dance will include Sufi dancing, Ecstatic dance, African dance, as well as your own unique dance to the sounds of our amazing musicians. We also feature epic visionary artists, soothing sound healers, and uplifting workshops. Enjoy the hot pool, sauna, & steam late into the night and the finest vegetarian super foods on the planet. Come rise up together to create a communal prayer to heal ourselves and radiate this energy to the whole world!
Inshala Festival: Elevate (Fort McLeod, Alberta, Canada) | June 24 - 27. 2016
• Join us for this transformational festival, as we step into a new cycle of Creation & Celebration. Experience an extensive lineage of inspired Conference workshops; Connect and dance with a variety of local and international music performers. Enjoy the family friendly activities for all ages and interests. Inshala 8 – “Rebirth”.
Inspire Truth (Portland, Oregon) | December 30 - January 1, 2016
• This event is produced by the creators of Beloved Music and Arts Festival and is a loving gathering for deep soul nourishment. You are invited to dance and rejoice with your creative family. A stunning, art-filled and transformative environment will inspire clarity of intent fueled by joyful celebration & the danciest dance music in the galaxy. Together we cultivate the joy, heart and love that we wish to bring into the new year.
Kerrville Folk Festival
• Folk Festival (Kerrville, Texas) | May 26 - June 12, 2016
• Fall Music Festival (Kerrville, Texas) | September 2 - 4, 2016
Lightning in a Bottle (Bradley, California) | May 25 - 30, 2016
• One of the United State’s premier award winning events and has earned national recognition as a pioneer in the West Coast’s conscious festival movement. A celebration of art, music, performance, yoga, sustainability and life, LIB goes beyond any ordinary music festival. With its world-class fusion of electronic music, performance art, spiritual lectures and hands-on workshops, the festival’s overarching embodiment of cultural and environmental consciousness creates an atmosphere where attendees from all walks of life can find a way to connect with others as well as themselves
Lucidity Festival: Kindred Quest (Santa Barbara, California) | April 8 - 10, 2016
• Join us, Lucid Dreamer, for our continuing epic transformational saga. Kindred Quest marks the beginning of our collective exploration of community, family and tribe. In this chapter we are seeking guidance from our past – from our ancestors and elders. Ever looking, ever learning, ever loving, ever lucid, we are coming together as One commUnity with One voice.
Luminocity Gathering (Sunshine Coast, BC, Canada) | July 3 - 6, 2015
• Deep within the enchanted temperate rainforest of the Sunshine Coast, a luminescent seed has been resown. Join us in cultivating our third annual gathering in a fertile new environment. We bring to the BC west coast a carefully selected collection of cutting edge musicians, artists, teachers, and visionaries from around the globe. We offer you the chance to experience a taste of the next level paradigm in a synesthesiac environment of future psy frequencies, visionary aesthetics, conscious learning, community connection, and much more! Together we will co-create an intimate west coast experience like no other!
Luna Light Music & Arts Festival (Barto, Pennsylvannia) | TO BE ANNOUNCED
• An integrative collective celebration of harmony in the universe. The moon is our closest luminary and a reminder that we are a part of a grander system. The harmonies and synchronizations we realize within sacred art spaces are keys to unlocking doors that will allow for more of the same to be bestowed upon the earth and beyond. Located on a beautiful woodland site surround by mountains and star filled skies. The Overview Main Stage is named in honor of the transformative unity experience common to astronauts when they view our planet from outside the atmosphere.
Manna Fest (Grass Valley, California) | TO BE ANNOUNCED
Motion Notion Festival (Golden, BC, Canada) | July 23 - 27, 2015
• Come be part of an exploration of electronic music, art, nature, and the infinite in the heart of Rocky Mountains near Golden BC, Canada. Motion Notion has always been something off the beaten path and a thing of discovery and amazement for all. Welcome to freedom and growth!
Oregon Country Fair (Veneta, Oregon) | July 8 - 10, 2016
• 17 stages featuring hundreds of world class entertainers and performers, hand craft artisans and gourmet food creators lining up to provide, once again, an experience unequaled in the festival world. Dress up and come ready to participate in a time-of-your-life cultural immersion that nourishes the spirit. Explore living artfully and authentically on Earth, and transform culture in magical, joyous and healthy ways. The Oregon Country Fair creates a world unlike any other in a magical wooded setting.
Peace Village Festival (Ashland, Oregon) | August 14 - 16, 2015
• Features an eclectic mix of music, including world beat, reggae, rock, folk, Americana, kirtan, electronic, and more. With workshops, speakers, yoga & movement classes, an artisans’ village, ecstatic dance, gourmet vegetarian food, a kid village, and a healing sanctuary. There are altars and ceremonies, and a goddess temple. The venue’s hot soaking pool, sauna, and steam bath are open late. This is an alcohol and drug free event that is fun for the whole family.
Portal Music & Sacred Arts Festival (Lolo Hot Springs, Montana) | July 29 - 31, 2016
• As a Transformational Festival, PORTAL Music Festival offers three days to live, play and co-create with yoga, workshops, visual and performance art and all night music.
PranaFest (Ashland, Oregon) | TO BE ANNOUNCED
• Created to be a place of prayer and celebration. All who attend will participate in igniting a global movement to live in integrity and grace, in constant communal prayer toward our conscious evolution, and in constant gratitude and appreciation for this existence. It is a place to commune with our tribe, to share our light work, our wisdom, our healing processes, to celebrate our devotion to the divine essence in each of us, and to live in gratitude and joy for 3 full days.
Project Earth (Harmony Park, Geneva, Minnesota) | June 17 - 19, 2016
• Most festivals are jam packed with non-stop over stimulation for your inner Bliss Junkie to get its fix. Although we do love that…Project Earth has a different mission. To slow it all down and open space for the family to discover more of each other and strengthen our community roots. We feel that the more intimate setting in the forest is just the right medicine for the Tribal convergence. The Planet and all life on her need conscious people now more than ever! We are the ones we have been waiting for.
Quest Festival (Hanoi, Vietnam) | TO BE ANNOUNCED
Rainbow Gathering (To Be Determined) | July 1 - 7, 2016
• The Rainbow Family gathers every year in the National Forests of North America, always during the week of July 1-7. The peak of the Gathering on July 4 begins with morning silence, broken by a community prayer for world peace and followed by a full day of (acoustic) music, dancing, feasting, and celebration. The event runs on the principle of communal collaboration with everyone bringing and giving what they have. Food is donated to the many kitchens that are responsible for feeding the Gathering, free of charge. The use of money is taboo, and prohibited items include alcohol, firearms, and sound amplifiers.
Reggae on the River (Humboldt County, California) | August 4 - 7, 2016
• Produced by Mateel Community Center
Rhythm & Joy Festival (Woodland Hills, California) | TO BE ANNOUNCED
• Created by Rickie Byars Beckwith, legendary New Thought performance artist, and Music director of the Agape International Spiritual Center, the Rhythm & Joy Festival is a soulful celebration that proves the impact of music as a catalyst for change. Featuring the healing power of world music, roots, soul, jazz, urban contemporary, and Rhythm & Joy music genres, RAJ is full to overflowing with Yoga, Dance, Music & Art Workshops, Gourmet, Whole, Live & Vegan Foods, Wellness & Healing Oasis, Kuumba Children’s Village.
Sat Nam Fest
• (Joshua Tree, California) | April 6 - 10, 2016
• (Lenox, Massachusetts) | August 17 - 21, 2016
Serenity Gathering (Mountain Center, California) | March 17 - 21, 2016
• A conscious gathering focused on art and music, experience an array of workshops, activities, and art installations. The body germinates, the mind sprouts, the soul nourishes, and the spirit blooms. We encourage sound and theme camps of all different kinds!
Shastayama (Mt. Shasta, California) | August 1, 2015
Shambhala Music Festival (Salmo, BC, Canada) | August 5 - 8, 2016
• Shambhala is an annual event not to be missed, boasting six uniquely themed stages, each managed by their own Stage Directors who aim to weave the best in up and coming electronic and live music from both around the globe and our very talented backyard. Set on the Salmo River Ranch, a 500-acre working farm year round, the pristine Salmo River runs through it all. Come to enjoy the festival’s focus of providing amazing art, music and organic food.
Sonic Bloom Festival (South Park, Colorado) | June 16 - 19, 2016
• A 4-day camping festival that brings live and electronic music, dance, art and human performance together in an atmosphere that inspires open channels of creativity for everyone involved, especially the audience…Together, we will create a resonant field in which to unify all forms of human creative expression. Come participate in our 10th annual festival with some of the highest quality live electronic artists and most cutting-edge producers to create what is an incredibly intimate boutique festival experience… a unified field.
Symbiosis (Oakdale, California) | September 17 - 20, 2015
• Features an epic lineup of live music, global and galactic bass, house, trance, gypsy and sacred music only 90 minutes from SF. Swim in a crystal clear lake and dance to an assortment of international acts sure to move your body and touch your soul. Explore four main stages, kids’ area, cirque theatre and comedy, gourmet organic food, yoga and dance classes and inspirational workshops for all things mind, body, and spirit. And Symbiosis boasts more art than you can shake a stick at!
The Bounce Festival (Twain, California) | TO BE ANNOUNCED
• Strives to host an exceptional gathering that nurtures our existing family of fans, embraces newcomers, and exposes our intimate audience to high end production, young talent and internationally recognized cutting edge music. Additionally, The Bounce aims to continuously evolve with the common purpose of creating an environment open to developing transformational and powerful social networks through art, music, culture, wellness and philanthropy, while simultaneously providing opportunities for emerging talented community members.
Tribal Connection Festival (Bellfontaine, Ohio) | May 7 - 9, 2015
• This conscious gathering is based upon supporting the local music scene for the bands, artist, vendors, the Shawnee people and every single person attending. Make the connections that will last you a life time.
Tribal Crossroads(Ashland, Oregon) | July 24 - 26, 2015
• A Healthy Lifestyles Gathering and Mystic Family Reunion. We’ll have some juicy workshops, yoga, ecstatic dance and more. Envisioned by a close friend and supporter of Mystic, the idea of doing a ‘not for profit’ event was born, where monies would not be an issue and it would truly be a community offering going back to our roots. With that in mind, we have come home to where it all started at the Jackson Wellsprings, working with some of our close artists friends who have been with us since the beginning.
Unifer Festival (Tolland, Massachusetts) | June 17 - 20, 2016
• Honoring and bringing together different sub-cultures this gathering is a yoga festival, it is a tribal belly dance festival. It is a world and sacred music festival, and dance party, a live art show, a place for ceremony, for permaculture, for sculptural works and circus arts. It is a place to care for the land and to eat organic food, and to be inspired and inspire our kids and our elders.
Wake Up Festival (Estes Park, Colorado) | TO BE ANNOUNCED
• Presented by Sounds True
Yoga is something that continues to gain a tremendous amount of popularity throughout the world as we move through 2015 and beyond. It’s not a religion, and it is used and practiced by theists, atheists, and everyone in between. There are two major components of yoga that are now being practiced in the West today: physical fitness through stretching (asana), and mental fitness through the practice of meditation (dhyana).
Nepal government recently made yoga compulsory for school children in a bid to promote a healthy lifestyle, according to media reports. The course will be implemented in the school curriculum from the upcoming academic sessions and will be timely revised if needed.
These days it seems everywhere you look – people are donned in crystals, mandala tattoos, dreadlocks, bright colors, patterns and often a wisp of palo santo smoke found trailing behind them. One might look at these people and think, “wow people are really waking up and it’s incredible to see,” while there is a rising of global consciousness, many of these people merely look the part. It has become trendy to be spiritual, but really, it has nothing to do with how spiritual a person actually is, but whether or not they can dress the part, go to the workshops and say the right things. People seem to have hopped on the spiritual bandwagon and (my past self included) have inflated egos, thanks to months or years of spiritual bypassing. Many have yet to actually take responsibility for their actions and do the work that is required for true spiritual freedom.
For a growing number of people focusing on matters of consciousness, sacred knowledge and personal freedom, the reclamation of the word sovereign has become profoundly consequential. Within this paradigm, to recognize oneself as a sovereign being is to acknowledge one’s own total spiritual autonomy and unconditional entitlement to self‐determination. It is a primary avowal of oneself as a free and natural human being — not a serf, a subject, a corporate entity, or even a citizen. No persons or man‐made laws have any jurisdiction whatsoever over a sovereign being. This is all very alarming for any empire that secretly prefers its populace to feel toothless.